An Initiative that Connects Our Neighbors to a healthy meal and Life-Enhancing Services
Breaking Bread is BSM’s weekly lunch program serving the community every Thursday from 11:30am to 3pm with a healthy meal (served at 12pm) and a variety of social services. Currently the services include:
- Clothing Closet Donations
- Personal Care Items
- BSM Mail Service
- State Identification Assistance
- Veteran Benefit Assistance
- Links to Counseling Services
- Mending Aids
- Therapeutic Arts
This meal is for anyone who is hungry. The BB Team is ALWAYS looking for new volunteers who have a Thursday free once or every week. If you are interested in volunteerting at Breaking Bread please fill out an in the loop card.
- Greeters: Welcome guests at the front door with Mr. Elbert, BSMís Ambassador of Welcome.
- Servers: Help with the hands-on preparation and serving of food in the Cathedral Dining Hall Ė this includes greeting those at the table(s) that you are serving.
- Food Preparation: Work mainly in the kitchen making fruit bowls, bread baskets, salad and drink preparation, and generally helping out the chef.
- Personal Care Helpers: Hand out hygiene kits/items at our kiosk located at the entrance to the building.
- Salon Assistants: Lend a foot by serving as a 'runner' in between the Cathedral Dining Hall & BSMís Salon, accompanying people to and from the salon.
- Host: Keeping your eyes open for people entering the Cathedral Dining Hall and helping them find seats, in addition to occasionally bussing tables.
Social Service Volunteers
- Therapeutic arts at Breaking Bread can take the shape of specific projects (ex: mosaic flower pots, expressive abstract paintings) to more of an open studio feel where participants are working on individual projects. Regardless of the project, many of our guests need one-on-one guidance and affirmation. To volunteer with this program you don't need to be "artsy," all you need to be is patient, kind, and encouraging.
Contact Becca at email@example.com
[Back to top]