COVID Prevention Site Resource Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Clinical Support Services
Position Summary: The COVID Prevention Site Resource Coordinator is a temporary full time position at our COVID Prevention Site. The Resource Coordinator will be working in a team of clinical support staff to maintain or increase the continuity of care and quality of life for residence staying temporarily at site. Resource Coordinator’s primary role is to maintain connection to resident’s existing support, connect residents to appropriate level of care or housing and support in the connection of new resources to set them up for stability and wellness after discharge from this site. Preferred candidates will have at least two years of professional experience working with persons impacted by housing insecurity, homelessness, deep poverty, food insecurity, and behavioral health challenges—or equivalent experience in a related field or Master’s degree in a related field. The coordinator will report to the Director of Clinical Support Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop trusting relationships with guests and engage them in services for mental health, substance abuse, physical health, navigating shelter and supportive services, and (when possible) housing referrals. Facilitate referrals to services to ensure a smooth and established connection.
- Provide resources and navigation support for guests both in person and over the phone from the COVID Prevention Site
- Consistent presence and availability to guests during business hours.
- Maintain up-to-date case notes using our information management system
- Participate in team meetings and case consults as needed
- Accompany guests to off-site appointments as needed
- Contribute to the ongoing development of practices, services
- Support the operation of other clinical support team members including crisis intervention, supporting residential techs with duties related to their role, support intake and admission and discharge
- Collaborate with Site Manager to coordinate care and advocacy for guest staying onsite
- Use appropriate precautions while meeting with every guest onsite
- A minimum of two years of experience working in services for people experiencing homelessness, mental health, and/or substance abuse issues; or comparable experience; or Master’s Degree in related field
- Knowledge of Philadelphia systems available to individuals experiencing homelessness, housing and/or food insecurity, and deep poverty, including community resources addressing benefits behavioral health, emergency shelter, re-entry.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team of dedicated professionals in a challenging environment.
- Sophisticated understanding of the short and long-term impacts of trauma and the response that demands from providers of services.
- Understanding of the value of a harm-reduction approach to case management
- Experience with group work and/or supervising case management teams preferred
- Flexibility and openness to working in a fast-paced environment with guests from diverse racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong communication, organizational and boundary-setting skills.
To apply: Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “ Resource Coordinator” in the email subject line. Please no phone calls or walk-in inquiries. EOE. Unfortunately, we can only contact those selected for an interview.