Job Posting: Major Gift Officer
Job Title: Major Gift Officer
As our Major Gift Officer you will design, develop, and implement our major gift program. You’ll be responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. An ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. You’ll be expected to energize team members, persuade prospects, and persevere to the end.
As our major gift officer, you get to
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with Broad Street Ministry
- Secure major gifts at the $1,000 to $20,000+ level
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools
- Manage existing portfolio of 80 donors and prospects
- Work with the chief development officer and development department to align efforts and set goals
- Work with ED and CDO to create and implement moves management plans
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications)
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition
- Track and report progress using specific metrics
- Perform other major donor activities as may be required
This job might be for you if
- If you have a true passion for fundraising and outgoing personality. You’re a self-starter and are driven by results.
- You have at least 5 of years of nonprofit fundraising experience and have shown an ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet objectives. You make donors feel valued because you’re sensitive to their needs.
- You are comfortable using a donor database, prospect research, and other wealth screening tools to aid in your moves management process.
- You can make and keep friends. You establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- You have honed your writing and speaking skills and use them to compel individuals to action.
- You aren’t someone who spends a lot of time in the weeds, but you know donors expect you to be organized, prepared, detail-oriented and to follow through on promises.
- People are inspired by your determination. You bring people in line with a vision and motivate them to reach goals.
- Driving to appointments and events
- Local and regional travel
- Work outside the business day or on weekends
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Major Gift Officer