Job Posting: Senior Director of Development and Marketing
The Senior Director of Development & Marketing provides overall strategic and operational leadership to advance the mission of the organization. The position is responsible for the planning, execution, control, and evaluation of fundraising and communications/marketing for the organization. This senior management position reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the management team, members of the board, related volunteer leadership committees, and staff leaders. Position supervises the Director of Development, Development Manager, and Development Coordinator, as well as a Freelance Grant Writer.
The Senior Director of Development & Marketing is keenly responsible for the cultivation and solicitation of leadership gifts (> $25,000) and measurable growth of individual, institutional, and community partnerships on behalf of Broad Street Ministry.
- Facilitates the development, execution, and oversight of a comprehensive strategic development and communications plan, to include major gifts, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, planned giving, special events and donor stewardship.
- Oversees the management of the Stewardship & Development Committee of the Board of Directors to aid in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts.
- Manages a portfolio of individual prospects, creating moves management plans that include personalized engagement and solicitation strategies.
- Oversees corporate and foundation grant with support from a freelance grant writer to develop and grow grants schedule, implement stewardship calendar, submit foundation and corporate grants and reports, and develop new relationships.
- Leads in management of special events program, from large-scale fundraisers to smaller house parties.
- Collaborates with Pastor to develop strategies to increase faith-based individual and institutional giving.
- Oversees the development, execution, and oversight of a comprehensive Capital Campaign as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Creates and edits content for BSM’s eNewsletter (Broadcast), social media, website, and other outlets that appeals to individual prospects and donors, and describes opportunities for deeper engagement with BSM.
- Oversees the management, maintenance, and usage of BSM’s donor database, eTapestry.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive work environment and confidently motivates, mobilizes and coaches team members to exceed the highest standards.
- Entrepreneurial, outgoing, self-motivated person capable of building relationships and engaging partners with Broad Street Ministry in a meaningful way.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. CFRE or master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Seven to ten years of major gifts fundraising experience (cultivation through solicitation and stewardship), marketing and communications leadership, and knowledge of how to implement a multi-source development plan for a nonprofit organization, or transferable skills that directly relate to the role.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and ability to perform under compressed time pressures.
- Knowledge of health and human service and/or faith-based organizations is preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas of fundraising.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder with a demonstrated record of achieving goals and outcomes.
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of the organization’s Information Technology systems and demonstrated competence.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Director of Development & Marketing
Please no telephone or walk-in inquiries. EOE. Unfortunately, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.