Program Manager: Mail & ID Services
Job Title: Program Manager: Mail & ID Services
Reports to: Hospitality Collaborative Director
Broad Street Ministry is a non profit organization serving vulnerable Philadelphian’s through a variety of social, clinical, and faith services. We practice radical hospitality, a philosophy grounded in the notion that all people are worthy of dignity and respect and deserve to participate as full members of a community of support and healing. We work to create a safe space that is welcoming, affirming, and trauma-aware. To those who have more than they need, we invite partnership and contribution; to those who are turned away elsewhere, our doors are wide and welcoming; On those who live in the shadows of solitude, we shower the sunlight of community. And to all, we extend an invitation to join us at our table and turn on the light.
Job Description: The Program Manager: Mail & ID Services is responsible for managing staff and operations of BSM’s Mail and ID Department. This role is a direct service role that also supports staff who work closely with guests experiencing the scarcities and traumas of homelessness, chronic deep poverty, mental or physical illness and/or substance abuse. BSM’s Mail and ID Department provides individuals with access to a mailing address and identity documents like State ID, which are required for access to critical services such as benefits, housing, employment, and voting. BSM’s services are delivered in a harm-reductive, trauma-aware manner that prioritizes what we call radical hospitality, ensuring that guests are welcome and affirmed as whole people with strengths and resilience. This role will manage Mail & ID program operations, track data and finances related to these programs and work with the larger Social Services team to consistently improve service delivery and the guest experience. If you love organizing, categorizing and sorting AND have a passion for social justice this is the job for you.
- Oversee and support in provision of daily operations including but not limited to:
- Daily mail sorting & filing
- Volunteer orientations
- Supporting guests in accessing Mail & ID services
- distribute mail and completing ID requests and follow ups
- Consistently look for opportunities to improve service delivery, redesign systems when possible
- Manage program budget
- Manage data (Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets a plus)
- Supervise data tracking for the team
- Spreadsheet maintenance
- Reporting on key metrics
- Supervise a team of 3 individuals providing direct service to individuals experiencing deep poverty, homelessness, mental illness, etc.
- Maintain atmosphere of hospitality and welcome for guests and volunteers
- Grow in understanding and implementation of trauma aware, harm-reductive principles
- Communications (internal & external) around Mail & ID Services
Qualifications:Candidates should have a balance of managerial and administrative experience with a detail oriented disposition and love of organization.
- 3-5 years experience supervising others
- Ability to maintain calm in high-stress situations
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work respectfully with populations experiencing deep poverty, homelessness, and trauma.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with underserved and traumatized populations, especially with individuals experiencing symptoms of mental illness and substance abuse. Should be well-versed in harm-reduction/ trauma informed practices.
Salary $50,000 plus benefits
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Program Manager: Mail & ID Services