315 Café Manager
Reports to: Director of Concierge Services
Hospitality Collaborative Summary: The Hospitality Collaborative is a key aspect of our vision for Philadelphia: we envision the day when everyone crossing our threshold flourishes as they participate fully as valued members of a mutually supportive community.
315 Café is an extension of the Hospitality Collaborative as a response to the city’s need to hold emergency overnight spaces for the community to escape from winter weather. These overnight Cafés as it is often call is a service the city has asked BSM to provide for roughly 10 years now. We aim to maintain a space for our community to feel safe and experience dignity while they access basic needs like shelter from the weather and a warm meal.
Position Summary: 315 Café Manager is responsible for supporting the overall 315 Café operations through administrative, logistic and clinical efforts. The manager is supportive of shift supervisors in making sure each shift is adequately staffed, troubleshooting interpersonal challenges among staff, communicating to daytime team pertinent information and model collaboration style with partners.
We are looking for a highly energetic person with great systems related organization skills. Managerial experience and knowledge of homeless services system, trauma and mental health is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide weekly supervision of shift supervisors
- Support the nightly openings for the first month of the Café
- Model communication to partners about open beds and needed outreach
- Trouble shoot any partner related challenges that arise with staff supervisor
- Model on-call usage
- Support staff supervisor filling shifts and finding replacements for call outs
- Support the evaluation of time sheets
- Develop supportive plan with staff supervisor to address any challenges related to staff development and challenges
- Secondary review of time cards and scheduling to maintain that we are staying within our budget
- Initial review of invoices compared to time cards to make sure we are billed appropriately
- Communicate with director and daytime team about staffing needs or concerns
- Support and model Radical Hospitality for line staff, supervisors and overnight concierge
- Support on-call staff in trouble shooting and staffing
- Continue to recruit, interview and onboard new staff as the season progresses
- Work from BSM at least half time (at least 2 shifts per month over a weekend)
- Occasionally provide in person support for floor coverage during crisis
- Work with Staff Supervisor to develop professional development objectives for staff as needed
HOW TO APPLY Please email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “315 Café Staff” in the email subject line. Please no phone calls or walk-in inquiries. EOE. Unfortunately, we can only contact those selected for an interview.
This is a subcontracted position through First Step that will require further employment processing through 1st Step Staffing.
PARTTIME 25HRS/ WEEK; $19
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
- A minimum of 1 year experience supporting staff in a supervisory role
- Knowledge and ability to model BSM values
- Experience creating schedules for a team of staff
- Experience working with excel and word
- Experience working with ex-offenders (returning citizens) strongly preferred. Lived experience also welcomed
- Knowledge of Philadelphia systems available to individuals experiencing homelessness, housing and/or food insecurity, and deep poverty, including community resources addressing benefits behavioral health, emergency shelter, re-entry preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team of dedicated professionals in a challenging environment.
- Willingness to learn the short and long-term impacts of trauma and the response that demands from providers of services
- Understanding of the value of a harm-reduction approach to case management and social engagement
- Experience with group work preferred
- Flexibility and openness to working in a fast-paced environment with guests from diverse racial, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong boundaries
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED/ or equivalent training within work setting