Job Posting: Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Revision Date: July 2021
Salary Range: $45-$50K Annually
The Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk provides accounting and administrative support to the Director of Finance and Administration and Chief Executive Officer of Broad Street Ministry. She/He/They are responsible for accounting support; the organization and maintenance of all essential BSM documents; and administrative support of the Board of Directors. He/She/They will assist with payroll processing and provide general administrative and clerical support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform accounting responsibilities including day-to-day recording of accounting transactions; record all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Reconcile credit card statements and payroll/benefits with all related supporting documentation.
- Process and manage bi-weekly payroll including recording all necessary journal entries.
- Maintain all electronic and paper accounting files accurately and according to standard practices.
- Resolve vendor issues and related financial discrepancies.
- Manage assigned vendor relations and related contracts.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Finance and Administration and Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide office management support such as ordering office supplies and equipment; overseeing the maintenance of office equipment including copiers, printers, and phones; and facilitating IT support providers in ensuring appropriate technical support for staff phone and computer needs.
- Organize and maintain filing systems (electronic and paper); scheduling meetings and maintaining organizational calendars; preparing documents and correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to the Board including preparing and distributing documents for meeting, preparing board minutes for approval; and maintaining board files.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Two or more years of demonstrated accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of G-Suite and/or Microsoft programs including Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Excel, Word, Google Calendar and/or Outlook.
- Comfortable with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets including managing page layouts, workbook and worksheets, creating tables & charts, formulas, and conditional formatting.
- Experience with payroll processing platform, reporting, employee profile management or a demonstrated ability to quickly and easily learn new software program.
- Bonus points for coursework in non-profit accounting and ADP TotalSource.
- Extremely organized and capable of prioritizing tasks to ensure a timely completion of responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a team, and also to work independently completing assigned tasks accurately and on-time.
- Excellent data entry skills that demonstrate efficiency, accuracy, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound professional judgement and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Solid communications skills including listening and verbal comprehension; ability to read and comprehend written instructions and materials; and comfortable with creating written materials including letters, reports, and formal emails.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, remain calm under pressure, and overcome obstacles to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to interact positively, effectively, and appropriately with a diverse population of guests, vendors, staff, volunteers and board members.
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and PTO.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk” in the subject line of your email.