Job Posting: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Administration
REVISION DATE: March 2021
SALARY RANGE: $45-$50K Annually
The Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper provides bookkeeping and administrative support to
the Director of Finance and Administration, Executive Director, and the executive team o
Broad Street Ministry (BSM). She/He/They are responsible for general bookkeeping;
accounting support; the organization and maintenance of all essential BSM documents; and
administrative support of the Board of Directors and the Senior leadership team. He/She/They
will assist with Human Resource responsibilities including payroll and benefits administration
and provide general administrative and clerical support as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accounting and Finance:
- Perform bookkeeping responsibilities including day-to-day recording of financial transactions; posting debits and credits; producing invoices; managing payroll; and maintain and balancing ledgers, accounts, and subsidiaries.
- Record all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Reconcile credit card statements and payroll/benefits with all related supporting documentation; prepare checks for signature.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and monthly benefits including recording all necessary journal entries.
- Maintain all electronic and paper accounting files accurately and according to standard practices.
- Resolve vendor issues and related financial discrepancies.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Finance and Administration, Executive Director, BSM Board of Directors, and additional members of the senior leadership team.
- Provide office management support such as ordering office supplies and equipment; overseeing the maintenance of office equipment including copiers, printers, and phones; and facilitating IT support providers in ensuring appropriate technical support for staff phone and computer needs.
- Organize and maintain filing systems (electronic and paper); scheduling meetings and maintaining organizational calendars; preparing documents and correspondence.
- Provide administrative support to the Board including preparing and distributing documents for meeting, preparing board minutes for approval; and maintaining board files.
- Manage assigned vendor relations and related contracts.
- Onboarding employee benefits, new hire paperwork and new hire orientation, assist with off-boarding employees including separation paperwork.
- Ensure compliance with personnel policies in all areas of benefits administration.
- Administer ADP TotalSource; including entering and updating employee information and documenting personal changes.
- Act as a resource for staff in response to questions about employee benefits, policies, and standard organizational processes.
- Support hiring efforts by maintaining accurate records of all job applicants; updated accounts with job sites/employment agencies; and administering and monitoring the BSM job inquiry email accounts.
- Maintain the ADP employee portal including creating and updating document library of employee forms.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Two or more years of demonstrated bookkeeping experience.
- At least one year of administrative, accounting, and/or human resource experience in a non-profit or corporate setting required.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of G-Suite and/or Microsoft programs including Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Excel, Word, Google Calendar and/or Outlook.
- Comfortable with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets including managing page layouts, workbook and worksheets, creating tables & charts, formulas, and conditional formatting.
- Experience with ADP TotalSource or other similar platforms; including payroll processing, reporting, employee profile management or a demonstrated ability to quickly and easily learn new software program.
- Bonus points for coursework in bookkeeping and/or non-profit accounting
- Extremely organized and capable of prioritizing tasks to ensure a timely completion of responsibilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a team, and also to work independently completing assigned tasks accurately and on-time.
- Excellent data entry skills that demonstrate efficiency, accuracy, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Sound professional judgement and discretion in handling confidential information
- Solid communications skills including listening and verbal comprehension; ability to read and comprehend written instructions and materials; and comfortable with creating written materials including letters, reports, and formal emails.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, remain calm under pressure, and overcome obstacles to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to interact positively, effectively, and appropriately with a diverse population of guests, vendors, staff, volunteers and board members.
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and PTO.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: email@example.com. Indicate “Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper” in the subject line of your email.