Job Posting: Associate Director of Operations & Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Revision Date: March 2022
Salary Range: $53,000-$63,000
ABOUT BROAD STREET MINISTRY:
Broad Street Ministry is an organization that helps Philadelphians living in deep poverty stabilize their lives through a unique offering of meals and social services that is welcoming to everyone. Our long term vision is not only to meaningfully reduce the trauma and suffering caused by scarcity for Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations, but, along with best-of-class social services and government partners, to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and hunger in Philadelphia.
The Associate Director of Operations & Human Resources will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will manage day-to-day Operational and Human Resources functions. This position will ensure that the organization’s practices meet regulatory standards and nonprofit best practices that align with our mission. The Associate Director of Operations & Human Resources oversees operational activities at every level of an organization. This position’s direct duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, management of daily operations, and planning the use of facilities, resources, and personnel include hiring and training employees. This is a hybrid position in that the Associate Director of Operations & Human Resources will devote 50% of their time to providing Human Resources support. The remaining 50% of the Associate Director of Operations & HR’s time will be spent providing operational support covering a wide variety of responsibilities from contract management related to organizational matters to supporting facility maintenance. This position coordinates effectively with the CEO, CFO, CPO and CDO to maintain a clean, safe, and effective working environment.
- Coordinate effectively with ADP Professional Employer Organization (EPO) around HR practices and functions that consist of counseling and orienting managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources policies related to employee engagement, professional development, efficiencies, employee benefits, and onboarding/termination
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance related to employee relations issues, policies and procedures, and annual performance management.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal guidelines and policies to protect the business and its employees. Partners with management to ensure HR policies and programs are aligned with strategic initiatives.
- Manages an annual employee survey process and subsequent readouts.
- Oversees workspace assignments, building safety procedures and facility operations as it pertains to staff needs and the physical plant.
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization.
- Coordinate and oversee contractors who support our operations related to developing, implementing, and maintaining quality assurance protocols for the safety of the staff and longevity of the organization both physically and financially.
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity.
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field or 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position.
- Highly trained in conflict management and business negotiation processes.
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and G-Suite.
- Strong IT and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of nonprofit financial reports such as budgets and restricted funding.
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and PTO.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: email@example.com. Indicate “Associate Director of Operations & Human Resources” in the subject line of your email.