Job Posting: Behavioral Health and Housing Concierge (Resource Coordinator)
Reports to: Manager of Clinical Supports Services
Revision Date: December 2021
Salary Range: $40-43k
ABOUT BROAD STREET MINISTRY:
Broad Street Ministry is an organization that helps Philadelphians living in deep poverty stabilize their lives through a unique offering of meals and social services that is welcoming to everyone. Our long term vision is not only to meaningfully reduce the trauma and suffering caused by scarcity for Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations, but, along with best-of-class social services and government partners, to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and hunger in Philadelphia.
POSITION SUMMARY: Concierges provide clinical resource coordination to guests who self identify the need for support. Their tasks include light mental health counseling, acute resource coordination, crisis prevention and intervention. Concierges are a part of the larger social service team and work closely with BSM’s restorative services. Concierges will occasionally take part in supporting the implementation of these services and or special events related to these programs.
- Provide acute resource coordination for guests with an identified need
- Build rapport with outside agencies and partners to further work to support resource accessibility for guests
- Provide acute or ongoing crisis management support
- Consistently document efforts, resources and outcomes in data management system
- Used contextual knowledge of guests to advocate with them within internal and external systems that affect their wellness
- Work with de-escalation team to support guests in crisis or experiencing escalation
- Support BSW and MSW interns as needed with task supervision
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- MSW preferred or 2 years of relevant experience and training
- Knowledge of Philadelphia systems available to individuals experiencing shelter and food insecurity, deep poverty, marginalization, including community based resources, local, state and federal benefits, behavioral and medical health treatment paths
- Awareness of short and long-term impacts of trauma, harm reduction, and person centered approaches
- Dedicated to expanding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within the agency and as it relates to relationship between Concierge and guests
- Strong communication, organizational and boundary management skills
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and PTO.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Behavioral Health and Housing Concierge (Resource Coordinator)” in the subject line of your email.