Job Posting: Corporate Relations Manager
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Manages: Volunteer & Special Events Coordinator and Development Coordinator
Salary Range: $58-62k
ABOUT BROAD STREET MINISTRY:
Broad Street Ministry is an organization that helps Philadelphians living in deep poverty stabilize their lives through a unique offering of meals and social services that is welcoming to everyone. Our long term vision is not only to meaningfully reduce the trauma and suffering caused by scarcity for Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations, but, along with best-of-class social services and government partners, to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and hunger in Philadelphia.
Purpose of position:
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Corporate Relations Manager will be responsible for delivering and further developing BSM’s corporate and community fundraising strategies while building relationships that support Broad Street Ministry’s goals and mission.
- Oversee portfolio of corporate donors and prospects and manage all stages of the corporate donor pipeline including: cultivation; solicitation; and stewardship
- Work with Chief Development Officer and Major Gifts Officer to identify and establish new corporate prospect relationships
- Develop strategies to renew and upgrade steward corporate gifts. Identify specific corporate areas of interest to support internal strategic funding priorities
- Create and implement a stewardship plan for each corporate pipeline constituent
- Manage the Hospitality & Corporate Council—a team of hoteliers, restaurateurs, investors, and design engineers who function as ambassadors, connectors, and motivators—working together to further the mission of Broad Street Ministry through fundraising events and in-kind support
- Supervise Volunteer and Special Events Coordinator and Development Coordinator
- Will work with the Development team as needed to facilitate and secure corporate sponsorships for annual events and manage deliverable sponsorship benefits
- Responsible for meeting quarterly and annual fiscal goals in accordance with organization’s annual Development Plan
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience working in a Development or Fundraising role for a non-profit or foundation
- Prior management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work and cultivate relationships across a variety of sectors, communities, and levels to ensure mission support and reach
- Skilled in prospect engagement and face-to-face cultivation and solicitation
- Outstanding relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills and excellent presentation and persuasion skills
- Flexibility to work weekend and evening hours when necessary
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and PTO.
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Corporate Relations Manager” in the subject line of your email.