Job Posting: Data & Board Administrator
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Revision Date: May 2022
Salary Range: $52,000-$56,000
ABOUT BROAD STREET MINISTRY:
Broad Street Ministry is an organization that helps Philadelphians living in deep poverty stabilize their lives through a unique offering of meals and social services that is welcoming to everyone. Our long term vision is not only to meaningfully reduce the trauma and suffering caused by scarcity for Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations, but, along with best-of-class social services and government partners, to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and hunger in Philadelphia.
The Data & Board Administrator coordinates all data collection and research in support of BSM’s Development efforts including managing donor databases, overseeing the creation, implementation and collection of all evaluation materials, providing research support and programmatic information for grant applications and reporting, and high-level administrative assistance for board and development team. Working closely with the Chief Development Officer, Chief Program Officer and department managers, they will collect, input and report on program efforts and outcomes across the organization. In addition, they will provide research and analytical support for cultivation and stewardship activities and work collaboratively across all departments to foster and grow an organization-wide culture that actively supports philanthropic engagement through the collection of data into a single, shared MIS.
Board Administration duties include coordinating and administering activities related to the Board of Directors and related board committees, working closely with C-suite leadership in support of organizational-wide efforts including audit, annual fundraising campaigns, events and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the BSM donor database (eTapestry), MIS system (CiviCore) and other databases with extreme accuracy and administrative oversight including data entry, recordkeeping, tracking and reporting.
- Work closely with senior leadership including CEO, CDO, CFO and CPO to manage flow of communications between leadership and board, capture minutes from all board and subcommittees meetings as well as oversee all organizational communications related to the board.
- Create and run reports that maximize analytic capabilities to provide accurate and compelling information on programmatic efforts—both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Coordinate with department heads and management team on the evaluation strategies and goals for consistent and accurate data collection, database maintenance and bi-annual survey.
- Support Clinical & Social Services data collection efforts to maintain up-to-date and comprehensive case management data in the MIS system. Provide weekly updates of data entry into MIS for leadership.
- Support the development and finance departments with auditing expenditures, invoices, grant applications and checks for validation and budgetary purposes based on business requirements.
- Coordinate donor correspondence—electronic and paper—in support of cultivating and strengthening donor engagement.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the development team.
- Participate in virtual and off-site trainings, conferences, and events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., SPSS, Stata, R, MATLAB) and high level of proficiency in using database and spreadsheet programs including Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Demonstrated experience with data analytics, interpretation, visualization and reporting.
- Proficiency using eTapestry, Volunteer Hub, Mail Chimp and similar programs strongly preferred, along with a familiarity with human services software.
- Demonstrated senior and board level administrative and organizational skills with a high attention to detail, professionalism and follow through.
- Excellent communications skills including comprehension and listening, written and verbal expression.
- Sound, professional judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, remain calm under pressure, and overcome obstacles to meet deadlines and expectations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team—interacting positively, effectively, and appropriately with a diverse population of guests, donors, community members, volunteers, vendors, and staff.
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays and PTO.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: email@example.com. Indicate “Data & Board Administrator” in the subject line of your email.