Job Posting: Program Coordinator: Community Hygiene Truck
Reports to: Program Manager: Clothing Closet & Personal Care
Salary Range: $38K-40K
Revision Date: June 2021
ABOUT BROAD STREET MINISTRY:
Broad Street Ministry is an organization that helps Philadelphians living in deep poverty stabilize their lives through a unique offering of meals and social services that is welcoming to everyone. Our long term vision is not only to meaningfully reduce the trauma and suffering caused by scarcity for Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations, but, along with best-of-class social services and government partners, to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and hunger in Philadelphia.
The Hygiene Truck Coordinator is responsible for the daily operations of the Hygiene Truck Personal Care Program. This includes driving the truck, stocking the truck for distribution, and overseeing distribution days. This position will work directly with the vulnerable population of Philadelphia, many of whom have experienced trauma related to homelessness, mental illness, addiction and scarcity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily operation of the Community Hygiene Truck/Personal Care Program
- Responsible for the driving, daily maintenance, and parking of the truck
- Coordinate with Special Projects Manager and Program Manager around Community Hygiene Truck repair and maintenance needs
- Maintain an organized system for the personal care inventory, track basic data after distributions
- Communicates with Clothing Closet & Personal Care Manager to ensure Personal Care program inventory and needs are being maintained
- Provides support to the Clothing Closet & Personal Care Manager in the Clothing Closet
- Pay attention to the community’s needs and work with the Program Manager to adjust the program services as needed
- Occasional weeknight and weekend availability required
- Responsible for volunteer orientation, supervision, safety, and maintaining respectful relationships between volunteers, staff, and guests to ensure established procedures and policies are followed
- Maintains open communication with Program Manager around any issues related to the volunteers
- Oversees and manages Community Hygiene Truck volunteers
- Is on hand to talk through any questions or issues volunteers have at the end of services
- Assists Program Manager in maintaining tracking systems for inventory, and identifies areas where additional resources are needed
Responsibilities to Direct Services Team
- Coordinates with other programs to meet any emergency clothing or personal care needs the guests they service have. i.e., working with re-entry to get clothes and personal care welcome home packages to citizens just returning home
- Provide assistance to team members in other departments through collaboration and mutual support
- Troubleshoot situations related to management of guests, including ways of de-escalating and ways of supporting guests through crises
- Consistently work to improve upon the guest experience in both individual services and overall organization
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to work with vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of Philadelphia systems available to individuals experiencing homelessness, housing and/or food insecurity, and deep poverty
- Strong communication, organizational and boundary-setting skills
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills with a high attention to detail and follow through
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Should be able to comfortably lift 50 lbs
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This position is located at Broad Street Ministry, 315 S. Broad Street. At the discretion of management, this role may be performed part-time, full time, or temporarily in a remote location within the greater Philadelphia region. All remote (and partially remote) employees (permanent or temporary) will occasionally be required to perform work on-site, and all or most orientations will occur on-site.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Program Coordinator: Community Hygiene Truck” in the subject line of your email.