Job Posting: Volunteer & Social Media Coordinator
Job Title: Volunteer & Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Corporate Relations Manager
Date: June 2022
Pay Range: Part-Time $18/hour
ABOUT BROAD STREET MINISTRY:
Broad Street Ministry is an organization that helps Philadelphians living in deep poverty stabilize their lives through a unique offering of meals and social services that is welcoming to everyone. Our long term vision is not only to meaningfully reduce the trauma and suffering caused by scarcity for Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations, but, along with best-of-class social services and government partners, to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and hunger in Philadelphia.
The Volunteer & Social Media Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the volunteer program, general communications and social media content creation. This includes recruitment, management, training, and increasing engagement of volunteers. This is a collaborative role working across the organization with various departments. The Volunteer & Social Media Coordinator will engage volunteers and BSM constituents to support the organizational needs and goals.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement methods of recruitment, orientation, training, retention, and evaluation for volunteers and the volunteer program
- Work with direct services to ensure volunteers are scheduled to meet the departmental needs
- Responsible for volunteer supervision, safety, and maintaining respectful relationships between volunteers, staff, and guests to ensure established procedures and policies are followed
- Create, communicate, and maintain protocol in accordance with Covid safety guidelines
- Oversee volunteer management software and tracking of volunteer hours
Communications & Social Media:
- Manage all internal and external volunteer communications; including but not limited to scheduling and shift information, acknowledgements, and volunteer stewardship
- Manage external community communications; including service updates, coordination of community resources, general inquiries, and announcements
- Create and update all communications, collateral, and additional marketing materials in accordance with brand guidelines
- Identify and foster relationships with all BSM constituents via social media platforms
- Create marketing materials and plan for promoting volunteerism at BSM with corporate and community organizations, schools, and faith institutions to grow volunteer base
- Work with Grants and Communication Strategist on content creation and implementation of social media plan
- Public speaking and presenting as needed on behalf of Broad Street Ministry
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Previous experience with volunteer management preferred
- Computer Skills Required: Google Office Suite, and relational databases (experience with Volunteer HUB a plus)
- Proactive, goal-oriented individual who takes pride in what they do and in successfully completing their tasks
- Strong communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Effective team-building skills
- Able to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organization and time management skills
The mission of Broad Street Ministry is to transform our city, our institutions, and ourselves by embracing the individual needs of our most vulnerable sisters and brothers, and by embracing radical hospitality. We believe that the only way to achieve that mission is to have a diverse staff that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve.
Broad Street Ministry does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, criminal record, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Broad Street Ministry believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success as a community services organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: email@example.com.